I like Whole Foods. I probably don’t like all the people that shop there, but I like the place.
Have you seen the produce section? Everything looks fresher, brighter, better than any other grocery store. I’d shop there all the time if I my paychecks magically tripled.
Anyway, what got me on to this topic?
Ah yes, a funny little McSweeney’s list: “Roles I Imagine I am Auditioning for When I Shop at Whole Foods.”
Take a look at the list and then share some roles you can imagine auditioning for when you’re at Whole Foods next time.
Here are mine:
– Woman pretending to know what kefir is.
– Poor college student sneaking her fifth sample of cheese
– Desperate housewife indulging a little too much in the wine samples
– Sad woman fruitlessly searching for a 12-pack of Diet Tab
– Hipster buying chips she saw Conor Oberst eat once